6. Deligiannis A, Kouidi E, Tourkantonis A. Effects of physical training on heart rate variability in patients on hemodialysis. Am J Cardiol. 1999;84(2):197–202.
7. Goldberg AP, Geltman EM, Gavin JR 3rd, Carney RM, Hagberg JM, Delmez JA, et al. Exercise training reduces coronary risk and effectively rehabilitates hemodialysis patients. Nephron. 1986;42(4):311–6.
8. Goldberg AP, Geltman EM, Hagberg JM, Gavin JR 3rd, Delmez JA, Carney RM, et al. Therapeutic benefits of exercise training for hemodialysis patients. Kidney Int Suppl. 1983;16:S303–9.
9. Koufaki P, Mercer TH, Naish PF. Effects of exercise training on aerobic and functional capacity of end-stage renal disease patients. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2002;22(2):115–24.
10. Mouidi E, Iacovides A, Iordanidis P, Vassiliou S, Deligiannis A, Ierodiakonou C, et al. Exercise renal rehabilitation program: psychosocial effects. Nephron. 1997;77(2):152–8.
11. Kouidi E, Karagiannis V, Grekas D, Iakovides A, Kaprinis G, Tourkantonis A, et al. Depression, heart rate variability, and exercise training in dialysis patients. Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil: official journal of the European Society of Cardiology, Working Groups on Epidemiology & Prevention and Cardiac Rehabilitation and Exercise Physiology. 2010;17(2):160–7.
12. Kouidi EJ, Grekas DM, Deligiannis AP. Effects of exercise training on noninvasive cardiac measures in patients undergoing long-term hemodialysis: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009;54(3):511–21.
13. Petraki M, Kouidi E, Grekas D, Deligiannis A. Effects of exercise training during hemodialysis on cardiac baroreflex sensitivity. Clin Nephrol. 2008;70(3):210–9.
14. Painter P, Moore G, Carlson L, Paul S, Myll J, Phillips W, et al. Effects of exercise training plus normalization of hematocrit on exercise capacity and health-related quality of life. Am J Kidney Dis. 2002;39(2):257–65.
15. Ouzouni S, Kouidi E, Sioulis A, Grekas D, Deligiannis A. Effects of intradialytic exercise training on health-related quality of life indices in haemodialysis patients. Clin Rehabil. 2009;23(1):53–63.
16. Reboredo MM, Neder JA, Pinheiro BV, Henrique DM, Faria RS, Paula RB. Constant work-rate test to assess the effects of intradialytic aerobic training in mildly impaired patients with end-stage renal disease: a randomized controlled trial. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;92(12):2018–24.
17. van Vilsteren MC, de Greef MH, Huisman RM. The effects of a low-to-moderate intensity pre-conditioning exercise programme linked with exercise counselling for sedentary haemodialysis patients in the Netherlands: results of a randomized clinical trial. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2005;20(1):141–6.
18. Sheng K, Zhang P, Chen L, Cheng J, Wu C, Chen J. Intradialytic exercise in hemodialysis patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Am J Nephrol. 2014;40(5):478–90.